An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Head of Safety and Risk at our head office in Fulwell. The successful candidate will works closely with Garage Risk Managers, the Premises Manager and will be the liaison between the Claims and Insurance departments (part of the RATP Dev UK SSC) to assist with the control and minimisation of collisions and work related accidents and incidents. The Head of Safety and Risk will also liaise with external bodies such as TfL, CPT and the Health & Safety Executive concerning H&S issues.
To provide strategic and tactical direction to the Company in the management of risk relating to both occupational health and safety, environmental and road risk in order to:
• Ensure adherence to required Company, contractual and legislative standards
• Develop, implement and co-ordinate the Company’s risk management strategy
• Develop, support and audit relevant quality management and assurance systems across the Company
• Reduce the number of collisions, passenger injuries and pedestrian injuries within targets
• Reduce the number of accidents at work within targets
• Ensure the strategic direction and dotted line responsibility for the garage based risk managers
• NEBOSH National Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety (or equivalent) OR extensive knowledge of occupational road risk factors and mitigation techniques.
• Proven experience in a senior management role and able to contribute as an active part of the leadership team
• Can build rapport and influence at all levels.
• Ability to analyse financial and statistical information to identify trends and take/recommend appropriate remedial action
• Able to manage workload and resource allocation and prioritise and plan to ensure deadlines achieved
• Knowledge of environmental legislation
• Full driving licence
• Experience in managing to OHSAS 18001 standards or equivalent preferred
• Previous experience in a transport or transport related environment
• Chartered Member of the institute of Occupational Safety and Health
To apply you will need to send a CV and covering letter explaining how you meet the requirements of the role. For more information and to apply, please contact a member of the recruitment team at the following email address email@example.com
An opportunity has arisen for a Garage Support Assistant in Stamford Brook garage. We are looking for a GSA to join our administration team, to provide comprehensive administrative support to managerial staff and also, ensure the smooth and efficient running of the garage.
Other key responsibilities include:
• Answering telephones and dealing with all enquiries from staff and the public, including and dealing with calls on behalf of the management team
• Attending meetings and taking notes for managers including disciplinary and grievance hearings
• Dealing with lost property
• Manage public complaints
• Data entry onto databases and systems
• Dealing with incoming and outgoing post and deliveries
• Stationery ordering and office equipment maintenance
• Adhere to and promote compliance with the Company’s health and safety policies and procedures
• Admin support to Garage Risk Manager for accident data and reporting
• Provide admin support for payroll and cash handling tasks
• Any other ad-hoc duties as required
To be considered for this position you must have proven experience of working in a busy administrative environment. You must have excellent customer service and good communication skills as you will be regularly dealing with public enquiries and internal and external stakeholders.
You will have strong organisational skills in order to effectively manage and prioritise your workload. Accuracy and attention to detail is essential, along with sound IT skills, especially in the use of Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel.
Knowledge of garage administration and health and safety policies and procedures is an advantage but this is not essential. If you are proactive, professional and keen to develop your administration skills then this is the role for you.
To apply you will need to send a CV and covering letter explaining how you meet the requirements of the role. For more information and to apply, please contact a member of the Recruitment Department on the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org.